We are now open normal hours through alert level one. Pick up and delivery of repairs is available on request - we also have PayWave instore for easy contactless payment.
Well done everyone!
Ayers Shoe Repairs started as E. P. Williams Ltd in the 1940s situated in Water St, Dunedin.
Richard Ayers would join the business when it moved to lower Stuart Street, after previously working in trade with Mattingly's Shoe Repairs. The company would move around the corner to Castle Street, before finally moving to its current location on upper Stuart Street in 1955.
A close team of seven workers alongside some part-timers would run the busy shop. Richard took over the business after Eric's passing in 1974.
Paul Ayers would then join as an apprentice in 1975, and eventually took over the day-to-day running of the business in 1992. The name changed to Ayers Shoe Repairs, but Richard continued to provide the same quality service into his 80's.
Richard passed away peacefully at 88 on December 9th, 2015 after 70 years in the trade, an amazing achievement.
Paul continues to deliver this same passion, quality, and service for the people of Dunedin and Otago.